Siegmar collaborates with human and more than human agents from one on one companionships to large groups.
- TRAINING FOR POLITICAL IMAGINARIES are durational, immersive gatherings around matters that matter. They invite Artists, researchers, activists, thinkers, to open up their specific practice for the audience. 12-30hrs are triangulating time/knowledge/experience. What interests me is to create and inhabit situations in which different formats of collective embodied thinking and doing together produce experiential knowledges that allow to explore speculatively and practically the respective theme. Until now we have explored
TRAINING FOR POLITICAL IMAGINARIES -The Other Thing/Liquefied Encounters:Valentina Desideri, Daniela Bershan, Ben Woodard, David Roden, Emma Haugh, Pontus Petterson, Anna Pehrson, Thomas Zamolo, Bettina Knaup, Mårten Spångberg, Amanda Apetrea and Halla Ólafsdóttir (MDT Stockholm 2017)
TRAINING FOR POLITICAL IMAGINARIES – Intimacy with Death: Sheena McGrandles, Eroca Nichols, Alice Chauchat, Liz Rosenfeld, Anna Nowicka, Caique Tizzi, Rodrigo Garcia Alves (Agora Berlin 2018)
TRAINING FOR POLITICAL IMAGINARIES – Posthuman Solidarities:Loren Britton, Alice Chauchat, Sonja Jokiniemi, Verena Meis, Eva Neklyaeva, Eroca Nichols, Mithu Sanyal, Neha Chriss, Louise Trueheart, Jacob Wren, Yaron Maim und Miki Yui.(FFT Düsseldorf 2019)
TRAINING FOR POLITICAL IMAGINARIES – ANIMAterialities-the Future of Grief: Eroca Nichols, Neha Chris, Mithu Sanyal. (FFT Düsseldorf 2020)
- DROOLING LECTURE (2019) CentroCentro Madrid, Climata MontagsModus Berlin, FFT Düsseldorf, MDT Stockholm, THIRD FORUM Amsterdam, Kaaistudios Brussels
Drooling as a way of thinking. It is a research practice in which I explore different ways of thinking through the visceral bocality of speech and its meaning making capacity as well as its sound sensibility. It devotes itself to the movement between fluidity and sedimentation, that can cause particles to reorientate and re-organize. It works through the politics of intimacy and alienation and their entanglement. I spin threads of saliva on/around/through virtual and non-virtual intimacies towards re- re-organizations of non-normative bodies of knowledge and flesh. In collaboration with 80 lit. of slime.
- SLIME DYNAMICS (2018) sophiensaele, FFT Düsseldorf
Wet, fluid, glitchy – How can we think and feel in times of global Liquefaction, where the planet, and other bodies are under pressure. In a world in which the human and the non-human, the familiar and the alien are deeply implicated with each other. The performance explores these unsayable worlds, of fleshy geometries and liquefied landscapes.
SLIME DYNAMICS is a collaboration between light, drool, speech, sound-oscillators, 3 human bodies and 400 litres of artificial slime, wood and plastic. Together they traverse the tensions between speaking and leaking, meaning formation, and disolve, desire and disgust. In a choreography between form and formlessness these human and non-human bodies open up a space for the uncontrollable.
Concept: Siegmar Zacharias. Realised by: Sandra Blatterer, David Eckelmann, Steve Heather, Giulia Paolucci, Julia Rodriguez, Mirjam Sögner, Siegmar Zacharias.
- slime evolution research in collaboration with Sandra Blatterer (light artist) forthcoming
ERZ – The Pleasure of the Text in collaboration with Philipp Enders and Monika Rinck, Tanzquartier Wien (2016)
- dirty talk, performance, DIRT: an apparatus curated by Stefanie Wenner INKONST Copenhagen; TanznachtBerlin16 curated by Silke Bake
- Invasive Hospitality, performance, drawing, talking, playlists conceived by Sophia New and Siegmar Zacharias. I take this format wherever work takes me and invite local artists into it: Kate MacIntosh, Stina Nyberg, Anna Pehrson, Alice Chauchat, Cecilie Ullerup-Schmidt, performed as guest of critical art ensemble at documenta13, Kassel, How Performance Thinks, Psi Performance and Philosophy London, SEAM13 critical path Sydney, Makers Doing Text, MDT Stockholm, TanznachtBerlin14, Works at Work Festival, Danshallerne Copenhagen
- WomanOnWork (WOW)– We work here is a platform for research and exchange of performance/dance related practitioners living in Berlin. It parasitises or gets hosted by existing Festivals in Berlin since 2011: sommer.bar Tanz im August, performance platform: body affects, sophiensaele, re:act feminism-a performing archive, Akademie der Künste, TanznachtBerlin2016
- Democracy –Fuck Yeah! Instruments of SuperPower. YouTube-lecture, Psi#17 Utrecht, Node Festival Stockholm, Perth Institute of Contemporary Arts, SPECTRUM project space gallery, Perth (2008)
- Pavillion of Hot Air and Hopes, Installation, Festspielhaus Hellerau/Dresden (2008)
- Perforated Paradise, concert, text, super8 film-installation performance, Klangwerkstatt, Berlin music: Boris Hauf. Steven Heather, Thomas Meadowcroft (2003)
- Zero video-lecture performance on zero, nothingness and Timbuktu, DasArts graduation (2003), Open Gallery, Melbourne (2004) music: Steven Heather, video edit: Andreas Eberlein
- Dracula89/03 multimedia performance about projections on Romania, the media revolution in 1989, Dracula & Ceausescu. Sophiensaele, Berlin & Gasthuis, Amsterdam, in collaboration with ARCUB Bucuresti video: Xander de Boer, music: Steve Heather, Costumes: Nina Thorwart, performance: Raluca Botez, Tudor Bronitki, Adrian Ciglenean, Ioana Christmscu, Rada Ixari, (2003)
- Borrowed Items, DasArts research project, Melkwegtheatre, Amsterdam choreography: Siegmar Zacharias Sharon Smith, Gonnie Heggen, Performers: Anne Prins, Diego Gil, Claire Fleury, Netta Warga (2002)
- Here is looking at you, kid video installation/performance, Gasthuis, Amsterdam video: Xander de Boer (2002)
- The light of the potato. Virtual reality in the dark. Lecture performance, Rollende Road show, Volksbühne am Rosa Luxembourg Platz (2001)
- Lick your wounds in limbo. On the theory of the wound and how to lick it best. Love Pangs Congress, Lecture-performance, Volksbühne am Rosa-Luxemburg Platz (2001)
- Curation of the performance series fishing enterprise presents: no name, Staatsbank Französische Strasse, Berlin. Creation of performances within: Know Thyself. Oedipus at the fitness-centre, Breakfast at Tiffany’s, FQ: the flexibility quotient, Part of the festival “Reich und Berühmt 2001”, Podewil, Berlin (2001)
- life after god, DasArts, Amsterdam, performance: Elisa Santiago, Voin de Voin, Barbara Gresch (2000)
- sweet medea’s ways. An exercise in swallowing, performance, DasArts, Amsterdam (1999) performance: Liza Witte
- Stages of Agency conference in collaboration with Prog.Dr. Stefanie Wenner Hochschule für bildende Künste, Dresden (forthcoming)
- the other thing in preparation: ecology of a new project, MDT (forthcoming)
- THE CLOUD, lectures presentations concert sophiensaele (2015)
- We’ve only just begun, opening of brut vienna in collaboration with Kira Kirsch and Jacopo Lanteri (2015)
- fishing enterprise presents: n.n., performance series, staatsbank (2001)
- Sweat the Movie, impulstanz a project by International Festival Marten Spangberg and Tor Lindstrand 2008
- THE THEATER Festival Centre steirischer herbst, a project by International Festival Marten Spangberg and Tor Lindstrand 2007
- Black Market for useful and unuseful knowledge a project by Hanna Hurtzig, HAU 2 Berlin 2005
THE THEATER, festival centre & herbstbar 2007, initiated by Marten Spangberg and Tor Lindstrand The Theater was a collaboration between performance artists, theoreticians, architects working on the interface between architecture and performance. it comprised a one year research phase, a half year warm up with public interventions on location and the realization of the structure that provided a fully functioning stage, foyer and lounge area.
image from a warm up event: the stage, die Bühne, laying down the ground plan on location